Saturday, August 28, 2010

dreams of fighting

fight one.
we face each other on our knees. my opponent is a tiny vietnamese kid. we shake hands and begin fighting. hes fast. too fast. he's up and around my neck before i know it. the fear of being beat my such a small person is all that allows me to escape his grasp. were told to fight at 70% but hes clearly giving 110. i twist and turn and nearly manage a rear mount before the whistle blows. i call that a win.

fight two.
my battle buddy. a heavy but teddy bear like doctor. he asks before we start, " are you going to give it your all or just 50%. i tell him i base in on what my opponent gives. after shaking hands, i get him the guard position fairly quick. he tries the taught maneuvers but they fail him. the whistle blows. i win.

fight three.
a beefy guy who taught fighting techniques for his powerpoint presentation. hes a nice guy though. we shake hands and i lunge for a hold. in what seems like slow motion he grabs my collar with both hands and pulls my collar and twists. i'm choking. its a blood choke. what the hell! hes choking me. i feel as though i'll pass out. i tap out. he wins. "what the hell! i didnt know choking was allowed!?". an instructor is listening in and says, "well consider this a lesson. you just learned something you didnt know."

fight four.
awkward. its a middle aged woman, notorious for not being able to take any suffering. we shake. within a few i have her in a hold. she moans. the instructor steps in. she says her ribs hurt her. he ends our fight. i am glad.

No comments: