Tuesday, March 17, 2009

the passing of time and the disbelief thereof...

good night! how did they get so old?

a while back on facebook i perused some old classmates from high school only to find with disappointment that they were all old. wrinkles. fat heads. fat necks, double chins, hair weaves and children in tow. i say dissapointment but really it was just disbelief, and in some cases maybe a bit of delight(sic). im starting to think i may be an immortal, because, i havent aged at all in the last 10-15 years. not at all. im young, sprite, tight-skinned, childless, and lovely.

well maybe not but i certainly am not as old as all of them, theyre old. what if i was really as old as they, but my bias or psychosis wont let me see it. a kind of self-preserving defense.

nah. theyre old and im not.

3 comments:

Aufgeblassen said...

The other day I looked back at a 1980 photo of me with bright red hair and thought that I could have been a model or actor or something, as I looked better than Robert Redford at his prime. I guess it's "you snooze, you loose"!

arcturus88 said...

i'll need to see that photo. please post it and let me judge for myself.

to say "me with bright red hair" and then say "i looked better than robert redford" seems a incongruent.

Aufgeblassen said...

Here's the photo:

http://by136w.bay136.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=e003085e-ed54-47e9-94bb-e6eb9ca76ad9&Aux=44|0|8CB77B6CB796350|